Judge orders EFCC to Produce Dokpesi in Court

Share to your friends!

Judge orders EFCC to Produce Dokpesi in Court

Judge orders EFCC to Produce Dokpesi in Court - NEWS

The way all these judges are giving orders in favour of rich men is a big threat to anti-corruption war!

A Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to produce former Chairman of DAAR Communications, Raymond Dokpesi, before it on December 14.

Justice Gabriel Kolawole granted the order in his ruling on an ex parte application filed by Dokpesi’s lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), on Friday.

The judge granted the order on Friday, during proceedings in his chambers and not in the open court.

Ozekhome, who informed journalists of the outcome of the proceedings, said the judge also ordered the EFCC to appear in court to show cause why he should not grant Dokpesi’s prayer for unconditional or conditional bail.


Dokpesi, who is being investigated with respect to facts and figures surrounding the procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and defence sector from 2007 to date had, in a statement on Wednesday, said the N2.1bn he collected from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, was for publicity and media campaigns during the 2015 elections, describing it as a contractual transaction.

READ ALSO:  High Court adjusts Olisa Metuh’s bail conditions

Ozekhome argued on Friday that his client had been unlawfully detained by the EFCC beyond 48 hours.

Dokpesi, through his lawyer had in the application, prayed for an order compelling the EFCC to produce him in its custody “or any other place of detention before this court on the date this application comes up for hearing.”

Dokpesi said, with his social status, the court could grant him bail on liberal terms. Or on self recognition.

You may wish to know that Dokpesi had earlier failed to honour an invitation by the office of the NSA that invited him and his company Daar Communications to come and show what services they rendered to the office of the NSA to have been paid N2.1bn by the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

Share to your friends!
Related Stories

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.